Black cohosh benefits have been widely recognized byNative Americans for several hundred years. Black cohosh was a type of a multi-use herb to help with a myriad of conditions like sore throats, malaria, snake bites, bronchitis, kidney stones and nervous disorders. Black cohosh benefits multiple gynecological problems ranging from menstrual cramps to inducing pregnancy that went past its term.
Modern day holistic medicine recognizes black cohosh benefits to treat the following conditions.
1. Black cohosh to induce labor is a popular herbal remedy that promotes your body to produce its own oxytocin to ripen cervix and open it up in preparation for labor and delivery. Only a highly trained mid-wife or a natural obstetrician can prescribe black cohosh to induce labor after determining whether your body is truly ready for labor and just needs a little boost to avoid post term labor complications.
2. Black cohosh as one of the best PMS herbal remedies used to relieve menstrual cramps, water gains, bloating and headaches coming with your monthly period.
3. Black cohosh for menopause has been widely recognized incredibly helpful for women with severe menopausal side effects like hot flashes, mood swings, vaginal dryness, depression and lack or sexual interest. Estrogen-like qualities of black cohosh tea can be effectively used in combination with traditional hormone replacement therapy or even alone to bring back the quality of life your deserve.
4. Black cohosh benefits osteo- and rheumatoid arthritis relief by providing strong anti-inflammatory results.
5. Black cohosh benefits male fertility by protecting delicate sperm cells from damaging effects of free radicals.
6. Black cohosh benefits female fertility by having estrogen-like effect on a female body leading to better ovulation and maximizing chances of egg fertilization. Black cohosh tea could be taken by both a man and a woman to even further increase the likelihood of pregnancy.
7. Black cohosh benefits PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) that is a complex endocrine disorder with multiple and hard to treat symptoms. Black cohosh teahelps regulate ovulation and has overall positive effect on female reproductive system.
8. Bloating is another very common complaint that could be helped by black cohosh due to its mild diuretic-like properties.
9. Black cohosh benefits hypertension by dilating blood vessels and relieving high blood pressure.
10. Black cohosh was also found helpful in lowering bad cholesterol levels and preventing low density lipoproteins from being deposited on the walls of the arteries.
Despite the fact that black cohosh benefits so many health conditions, a note of possible black cohosh side effects must be made. Black cohosh should not be taken by pregnant and lactating women without medical supervision, women with a proven case of breast or any other form of cancer, persons with liver conditions or girls before reaching puberty. Possible black cohosh side effects might include nausea, vomiting, miscarriage and dizziness.
According to multiple medical studies, black cohosh and breast cancer might have quite conflicting relations since this herbal compound might promote cancer cells growth in other organs of the body, do not take black cohosh if you have cancer.