Acne scars can affect anyone. Fortunately, there are a multitude of acne treatment options for acne scars. If you don’t want to spend money on other treatment options for acne scars, you can try home remedies for acne scars. Home remedies for acne scars work as a peeling agent or a skin bleaching agent. For getting rid of acne scars, try the following home remedies for pimple or acne scars.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Acne scars can be removed easily by using simple home remedies which use natural ingredients found mostly in your kitchen. Here are presented some easy to prepare home remedies for acne scars.
• Apply lemon juice over the effected skin, or rub lemon over the skin by cutting it in two half. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water. Lemon juice, when applied on pimples, will cleanse the open pores of any bacteria and oil. Lemon juice dries up acne quickly and also help reduce the appearance of acne scars by lightening the color of the marks.
• Sandalwood powder is very good for treating acne scars. Mix a small amount of sandalwood powder with a few drops of rosewater, and stir it until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to the acne scar, leave for overnight, and wash with cold water the next day. This is an efficient home remedy to get rid of pimple scar.
• A mixture of whole milk and lemon juice can be applied to the skin to help get rid of deep acne scars. Mix equal parts of milk cream and lemon juice and apply on your face to lighten deep acne scars.
• Gel or juice of aloe vera is highly useful in fading of acne scars. Mix together some organic aloe vera gel and 2 drops of tea tree oil. Apply this mixture to the face and massage until completely absorbed, concentrating on the acne scars. This simple mixture moisturizes, tones, and cleanses the skin. Since tea tree oil is one of the strongest antibacterial essential oils, it also reduces scarring and preventing further infection.
• One popular remedy for acne scar removal is to use a face mask made out of tomatoes and cucumbers. Tomato and cucumber pulp mixed together contain many natural alpha hydroxy acids and beneficial properties, which can greatly reduce the visibility of acne scars. This face mask also tightens the pores of the skin giving it a nice, even texture.
• Olive oil is a home remedy commonly used to treat acne scars. Olive oil is natural oil and won’t clog your pores. Massage olive oil on the scarred skin. Olive oil softens, moisturizes skin with antioxidants, and reduces visibility of acne scars.
• Rosehip seed oil is said to be an effective treatment to get rid of acne scars. Lighten your acne scars with rosehip seed oil by applying a few drops to the affected areas twice a day.
Home remedies for acne scars will help in reducing the appearance of mild acne scars. Do not lose your patience during the application of natural home remedies for your acne scars, because these natural treatments can take some time to show improvements. If you have severe acne scars, you should consider seeing a dermatologist.