Sweet Potatoes have so many benefits why not learn to make the pudding. Here is the recipe .
Feel free to improvise , use less potatoes, add dried fruits just experiment.
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- Wash and skin the potatoes
- Wash again then grate
- Grate coconut, add water and squeeze juice through a strainer
- Blend flour, ,salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine this mixture with the grated potatoes and mix well
- Add sugar and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Grease pan, pour in batter, bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
- note ” my aunt boiled the sweet potatoes not too soft ) then blended them