Women in India have relied upon Neem for beautiful skin. The Neem tree is an evergreen tree that is part of the mahogany family and is a common feature in regions of India, Southeast Asia and parts of Africa. Neem bark, leaves, fruit, seeds and oils all contain medicinal qualities. Neem grows in Jamaica and many people have no idea of the benefits of this tree.
- Antiviral – inhibits the growth of viruses
- Anti-fungal – inhibits the growth of fungi
- Antibacterial – destroying the growth of bacteria
- Analgesic – providing pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory – reduce certain signs of inflammation, swelling or tenderness
- Antimicrobial -destroying the growth of microorganisms
- Neem is for soothing wrinkles and fine lines while helping to prevent the signs of aging when used regularly. It has been traditionally used to even out skin tone irregularities, helping to balance and restore proper skin pigmentation for issues such as age spots.
- Neem is an ideal herb for acne-prone skin because it can help to soothe irritation and inflammation, clear up pimples and remove bacteria on the skin that can cause break-outs.
- Neem is the ideal plant for mature skin, oily skin, dry or acne-prone conditions.
An easy way to use this herb is to boil it and apply to your face like a toner or put it in your bath.
As a tea Neem has been said to be good for lowering blood pressure or for balancing blood sugar .
Neem does have side effects excessive use as a tea may damage the liver ,kidneys and can cause infertility