I stopped eating meat for over a two years and chicken for about 6 months now . So I am trying to find other sources of protein. So I tried chickpeas in my stirfry and its awesome. So lets lists some of the benefits of Chickpeas:
- Manganese : Chick Peas are a great source of the trace mineral manganese.
- Blood Sugar : Soluble fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels. If you have insulin resistance, hypoglycemia or diabetes, beans like chick peas can help you balance blood sugar levels while providing steady, slow-burning energy.
- Heart : Regular intake of Chickpeas can lower LDL
- Weight Loss: Due to high fiber content and low GI, chickpeas are excellent for weight loss diets.
- Iron : chick peas can boost your energy because of their high iron content.
- Protein : Chickpeas are a good source of protein.